Friday, February 19, 2010

Montana in the eyes of a Newbie


I have gotten into birds since I have been in Montana. My favorite is the Magpie. They are beautiful! Black and white with a long black tail.they are garbage birds like ravens...but they are really pretty and elusive. I had a hard time catching one still enough to take a Picture of.
Today I saw another bird that fascinated me...it was brownish ,thin but long. It raised it's head and showed a beautiful very red throat (not breast as in robin). Of course I called an expert to see what kind it was....my 13 yr. old grandson....he knows everything about animals, birds, fish bugs,etc. He said he thought it might be a Red Throated Kinglet. So we are going bird watching soon. Montana has ALOT of all kinds of birds.

P.S. here is a picture of "Maggie Maypie"

No comments:

Post a Comment